Wednesday 28 August 2013

Weekly Middle

So, it's the middle of the week and after a few days being unsure, Bella is officially enjoying school!
We've found ourselves spending time outdoors.
The nature collection is ever growing, so we found a new place for it and added a sign.
Pretzels in a nature collection?

Our Inside Out Ocean Diorama was finished today!



We've been sampling a little bit of the BBC's Earth DVD. It is a wonderful series with amazing animal shots! My husband recommended it to me, and I scoffed a bit at us purchasing this but, now I am so thankful we have it! It is simply stunning. Here is a link to check it out on Amazon.
Planet Earth DVD on Amazon

Today was a beautiful day, so we took advantage of the sun and made sun tea, then went for an decidedly long nature walk.

Our "walk zone"

We also made great progress in Language Arts today. I have found it to be wonderful to lay out a blanket under an oak, and use our materials out there. Word Builders Mats are working really well for this.
I cut up foam letters I found at the dollar store and am using a little lap mat for Bella. I gather up a few letters, and using the "Word Builders" book I call out words for her to spell. I say them both normally and phonetically. So she can hear the sounds. We have just started blending so we are doing BA, AB, TA and so on.  We are also focusing on 30 sight words, and using primary readers and are on #4.
I can honestly say I too am loving school!

No comments: