Thursday 13 October 2011

Playdough Fun

I love making home-made play-dough for, and with my children.
Miss B helps out in the kitchen with the cooking
and Mr C. gets all the benefits plus, I don't worry about him eating it.

Play-Dough is so simple but, if you think about it, this really is an amazing educational tool.
Children develop fine moter while working with it and it brings out creativity for them.
Sometimes in those simple moments much is learned.

Here is my recipe (Which I love)
Ingredients:
2 cups of plain flour
1 Tbsp. of cooking oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 cups of colored water
1 cup of salt
Directions:
Place all of the ingredients in a medium size or large pan. 
Cook slowly on medium-high and stir it until the playdough thickens and starts to pull away from sides. 
Keeps best in the fridge in plastic containers.
Takes less than 10 minutes.

No comments: