Wednesday 24 August 2011

Sing Time

Sing time is a delightful time of the day.
In the middle of the morning, my two children (18mths and 3) take a seat, in a circle on the ground.
We have 7-8 songs we sing through while we shake our shakers.
After we go through them,
I have a CD with Wiggles action songs I put on and we dance and shake to the music.

Music can be silly, it can teach a concept or it can show rhythm.
What a wonderful time to set apart for bonding.
Music Time, is fun time for all.

Here is a run-down for some of what we do.

These Are My Glasses (L. Berkner)
These are my glasses- make glasses with your finger
This is my book- hands pressed together
I put on my glasses- put on the glasses
And open up the book- open your hands
Now I read read read- hold out the “book”
And I look look look- look through the glasses
I put down my glasses- put hands down and…
WHOOP- clap hands together
Close up the book.
Listen to the song by clicking on the link

Skidamarink
Skidamarink a dink a dink,
Skidamarink a doo,
I love you.
Skidamarink a dink a dink,
Skidamarink a doo,
I love you.

I love you in the morning
And in the afternoon,
I love you in the evening
And underneath the moon;
Oh, Skidamarink a dink a dink,
Skidamarink a doo,
I love you! 
Here is a Video of it that my daughter loves to watch and sing along with 

We also sing the 5 senses song 
With my eyes, I can see
Robins nesting in a tree.
Chorus:
I see and hear, and smell, and taste, and touch.
With my senses I learn so much!
Click here for the rest of the lyrics 

No comments: